Generator Power can provide assistance in the manufacture and configuration of diesel engine exhaust silencers.
We understand the needs of our customers and can provide silencers specifically designed for constant speed pump & generating set applications.
Natural Gas Exhaust Silencers
We can also supply exhaust silencers designed for natural gas applications with AGA compliant models pressure tested up to 700 kPa. This complies with Australian gas standards for silencers used on natural gas engines.
Generator Power can combine silencer types to achieve low exhaust noise levels in critical installations. The majority of Viking silencers are manufactured in stainless steel (304 or 316) although we offer an identical line built in mild steel with high temperature (750 degree C) paint finish.
Standard Size Range
Our standard silencer range includes the following features and benefits:
- Customer nominated inlet and outlet locations, sizes and types
- Bore sizes from 2” to 14” in our standard range
- Fast manufacturing turnaround, typically 14 days or less
- MIG or TIG weld construction (no spot welding)for long service life
- Only 1200 degree C rated ceramic wool lining used internally
- Two, three and four chamber designs offer varying sound reduction levels from 15 dba to 40 dba
- Multi chamber reactive / absorptive design in all models above 15dba sound reduction
- Optional external clad or internal lined insulated bodies on all sizes
- Extremely competitive pricing on all sizes
Customised Designed Exhaust Silencers for Specialised Applications
In addition to the Viking standard range of cylindrical silencers Generator Power offer a complete design and manufacturing service for custom silencers in any bore size up to 24”. Get in touch today for more information on how we can adapt the shape of the silencer to fit in specific locations. We have experience in internally roof mounted in sound attenuated containers, or configure special inlet or outlet pipe work such as matching twin inlets to twin turbocharger outlets on larger engines. Larger Silencers can be configured for horizontal or vertical mounting.
A word from the editor
My name is Aaron Robins, I’m the sales manager at Generator Power. I have been in the generator game for over 10 years. I have supplied generators to residential and commercial clients for a wide range of various uses. My aim in writing this short article it that I may be able to arm you with the right information in order to help you make a wise decision. There are many people who make poorly informed decisions in my industry. This commonly results in loss of finances, wasted time and bucket loads of stress. I believe in doing a job right the first time and with as little stress possible. As a result I aim to educate potential customers so that people avoid these issues before they happen.