Generator Power stock and recommend The Viking Power Systems range of resistive load banks.
Viking Resistive Load Banks are designed for both portable and permanent applications. The success of Viking Load banks is their ability to stand up to the every day demands of rental or industrial use time and time again.
Generator Power provide Load banks to suit most applications.
- On-site load testing of generators / UPS systems at perodical intervals
- Permanent installation with auto load shedding (ALS) feature providing base load for permanent onsite generators to prevent engine glazing
All Viking resistive load banks adhere to the same manufacturing process – a sturdy construction and a simple operator interface for ease of use.
The most recent models offer a 7 inch colour touch screen, with large easy to read soft graphics and buttons, making operation a breeze. Should a fault occur with the unit, a help screen in plain English is easily accessible.
Our standard model range includes portable units in sizes from 8.4KW – 1000KW and fixed installation units starting from 20KW extending through to 2500KW and above.
Using durable materials, All Viking resistive load banks ensure a long service life:
- Powder coated electro-zinc plated steel bodies
- IP65 low watts density 304 grade stainless steel load resistors
- Extensive use of 304 grade stainless steel for grilles and hardware
- Circuit breakers for each load group
- Over temperature, air flow and fan failure protection
- Quality electrical components from internationally certified manufacturers
- Manufactured to AS/NZ-3000 electrical standards & CE compliant
Viking 600kW Resistive Load Bank
- FORK LIFT FRAME: Heavy duty 5mm folded steel, hot dip galvanised forklift base
- AUXILLARY POWER: External control/fan power inlet socket with panel mounted changeover switch
- FAN REVERSE : Fan motor reversing switch to change air flow direction when supply phase rotation is incorrect
- POWERLOCK: Powerlock twist type shielded connectors for incoming power supply (400 amp rated)
- CABLE HANGERS: Folding hanger brackets (2) for flexible cable storage
Portable Resistive Load Banks – Safety and Reliability
If you’re looking for a comprehensive range of portable resistive load banks, Generator Power offer a large range of load ratings from 8.4kW to 1000kW. Most of these will suit your UPS testing requirements. For strength and durability Viking load banks are manufactured using IP65 stainless steel and come standard with low watt density resistors for a reliable service life.
A Touch screen interface option comes standard on units 50kW and above. Vikings manual “Load-logic” PLC controller has a clear easy to read screen even in low light.
Operator Safety and Testing
Operator Data feedback and the manual control of load steps for load sequence testing gives the operator detailed data feedback. Operator safety is a priority with Viking load banks, with insulated resistor compartments providing close to ambient temperatures at all times.
Features – Portable Resistive Load Banks
- Heavy duty swivel castor type wheels with brake
- Hot dip galvanized fork lift base
- Remote HMI control panels
- Powerlock/Powersafe power inlet connections
- Special voltages and frequencies (400 volt +/- 10%, 50 Hz is standard)
- Stainless steel load bank housings
- Low noise cooling fans (units above 200kW)
- Auxilliary power inlet for control and cooling power supply
- Fan reversing switch to rectify incorrect phase rotation
Auto Load Sheeding (ALS) Load Banks
The Viking ALS “Load-Logic” range of load banks are designed to provide automatic single or multiple step loading of diesel or gas fuelled generating sets. The ALS units maintains sufficient base load on the generator to reduce or eliminate light load running. This is the primary cause of accelerated engine wear and “wet stacking” for prime power and standby generators and is common where the set is supplying a varying load.
The ALS Load bank’s customer programmable settings allow constant load sensing of the external load on the generating set and the automatic application or removal of load bank steps to maintain a pre-set load on the generator. Manual operation of load steps is also available for routing testing.
Standard or custom kilowatt ratings with a number of control options are available and can be tailored to your requirements, call today and speak with a Generator Power specialist.
Multiple 150kW VIKING load banks custom built for an Australia wide project undergoing pre-delivery testing in our Sydney workshop
Permanently Installed Resistive Load Banks
Generator Power offer a range of options for the installation of permanent resistive load banks. Please contact us with your requirements and we will endeavour to provide a suitable solution.
- Suitable connection flanges for air discharge ducting when installed in plant rooms or other indoor locations.
- Single or multiple remote “Load-Logic” touch screen controllers providing flexibility in the actual operating location for the load bank.
- Digital power metering providing Modbus data feed for building management system monitoring.
- Customed Designed Load Banks built to withstand Harsh Environments
Viking Load banks are designed to be used in harsh environments that can have a detrimental impact on the longevity of standard load banks. Viking can design and manufacture portable or fixed installation units with stainless steel (304 or 316) housings and major components. Custom resistive load banks can also be designed for specialised applications such as non-standard switching steps, high ambient temperatures and reduced operating sound levels.
Contact Generator Power and let us help you make the right choice with a full analysis of your Load Bank requirements.